The objective of the Fund is to stimulate economic development activities of Métis people and communities by providing equity for Métis businesses, supporting community economic development initiatives and developing management skills of new and existing Métis business owners and entrepreneurs. To achieve this, the Fund provides programs for start-ups, expansions, and to purchase existing businesses.
The Fund’s ten programs have been designed to reflect the business needs of Saskatchewan’s Métis entrepreneurs. The Fund is set up to assist community-based or individual entrepreneurs with small or large scale projects. There are also specific programs designed to assist Women and Youth to help increase their participation as entrepreneurs.
Business Loans & Grants
Support for Business
- Applicants must be of Métis ancestry operating a business based in Saskatchewan
- Businesses funded must demonstrate viability
Projects Not Eligible
- Political bodies for political process
- Cultural activities
- Social programs
- Residential real estate
- Commercial real estate for the sole purpose of lease or rent to others. The applicant’s business must occupy the majority of space and be commercially viable exclusive of the rental/lease income to receive support from CCDF (some exceptions may apply)
- Contribution towards an asset that can be perceived to be for personal use (car or pickup-truck)
- Bars (alcohol provider), sexually exploitive businesses in nature, pawnshops, payday loans, tobacco retailer or manufacturer, cannabis, or gambling (some exceptions may apply to gambling – VLTs)
- Commercial real estate (some exceptions may apply)
- Basic farming & ranching
- Payment of dividends
- Refinancing (some exceptions apply)
- Restaurants in large Urban Centres (some exceptions apply)
It has been over 5 years since CCDF and I began this journey together, and while I have faced many challenges (including an ongoing global pandemic), with CCDF’s help the business continues to grow. I reached out to CCDF again recently when my business was ready to expand and found the support I was looking for. I look forward to working with them in the future, when it is time for the business to expand again. Now I am the one who mentions CCDF by name when discussing starting a business with friends or family.
Pokey’s Pinball Café
Luckily, I had the Clarence Campeau Development Fund to guide me through the entire process. CCDF was there every step of the way from financial support to business planning.
Cypress Tree and Lawn Care
The application process (and starting a business in general) was all unchartered territory for me, but the team at CCDF did a wonderful job of making the material approachable and not overwhelming. I’m very grateful to have CCDF on my team!
There is no way as a single mom and a student that I would of been able to afford to start my business. As this being my first time starting a business, I had a ton of questions and had no idea what I was doing in the beginning. I am extremely grateful to have been able to work closely with CCDF throughout this process, they made everything really easy for me.
Twin Feather Shop
The financial support from CCDF has allowed us to expand our operations and purchase new equipment so we are able to provide our clients with services second to none in industry. We look forward to a continued relationship with CCDF, and highly recommend their services!
JA Tech Inc.
Without CCDF we would have never been able to come up with the financing needed to purchase the store.
LEE & CORINNE PENNER
PET PLANET, PRINCE ALBERT
[CCDF] helped me with finances, but also with mentorship. Any question that I had along the way they were able to answer or direct me in the right direction.
EXCALIPURR CAT CAFE, REGINA